It’s finally here! The legendary Synergy Live has returned to Cape Town and Johannesburg this weekend, and i hope you’re ready! I was ridiculously bummed that i couldn’t make last year’s festival (i had friends arriving from the UK the same night Prodigy was performing!)… so i’m really glad that things sort of worked out this time around.
There’s no need to feel left out of the festival scene, you might not be camping, but you’re certainly going to get to party just as hard as the Townies! The line-up is ridiculous:
That’s not even including the Red Bull Stage with Foreign Beggars, Feed Me, Das Kapital and more!
COMPETITION (JHB ONLY)
To win 1 of 3 sets of double tickets, all you have to do is make sure you’re following @SynergyLive, and tweet the following:
WIN tickets to @SynergyLive in JHB this weekend with @StephanieBe! Details here: http://bit.ly/1eCoNRx
Synergy Live 2013 is a only about 90 minutes outside of Cape Town on the banks of Theewaterskloof Dam. Three days of dirty fun with top talent serving up some pretty rad beats. Dance with the setting sun, sleep with the stars – wake up and start all over again. Heaven.
A couple of essential items to pack:
– Water Bottle (maybe 1 for water and 1 for alcohol…. But definitely take extra, you will probably lose them. Daisies will have water filling stations throughout the site too, to keep you hydrated)
– Sunglasses (you will also probably lose a pair of these, or break them. Leave your designer shades at home and rather bring 2 pairs of cheapies)
– Lighter, matches (even if you don’t smoke, people are always looking for lighters)
– Rennies/Myprodol/Plasters/Immodium/Panado! (at the risk of sounding like your mom, I can’t emphasize how important it is to take ALL of the aforementioned goodies. You really don’t want to feel ill at an outdoor festival. You ruin it for yourself and for your friends.) Rennies: For if the festival food doesn’t agree with you, or even if you’re feeling sick from too much beer/spirits, it basically just makes your stomach acid less acidic. This is a pretty gross tip, so stop reading if you’re sensitive. If you feel like you’re going to throw up, try and get 3 or so Rennies into you a good amount of time before you chunder, and when you do, it’ll feel like you’re throwing up water rather than Satan’s own burning lava.
– Packets of chips (possibly the easiest and lightest food to carry around, it’s also the best thing to eat if you’re feeling sick)
– Alcohol Sachets (easy to hide in your tent from scavengers, rolled up in some socks)
– Decant All Alcohol! (no glass is aloud into Synergy at all, and I’m glad about that. So don’t complain, just sort yourself out before you come)
For the complete Ultimate Essential Outdoor Festival Packing Checklist click: here