Be the first kid on the block to get the new Facebook profile with this handy video from Jason Gilbert at Huffpost Tech.
[The steps in the video are outlined below].
1. Get the Developer Facebook app. Type “Developer” into the Facebook search bar and click on the first result. Click “Allow.” Now you’re a developer.
2. In the top righthand corner of the Developer app, click on the “+ Create New App” button. Fill out the App display name and description. (Just make something up or type gibberish; this won’t actually create an app that will be visible).
3. Agree to the Developer privacy agreement. TechCrunch says you need to have a “verified account” for this, which means that you’d need to have a credit card attached to your Facebook profile; I don’t have a verified account, however, and I was able to get the new profile.
4. Find the “Open Graph” on the left sidebar and type in a test verb and noun for your new app. I started a “Bake a Cake” app, so my test verb will be “Bake” and my test noun will be “Cake”:
5. Run through a few pages of new app information. No need to enter anything here, just keep on saving changes and continuing.
6. In five to ten minutes, you’ll have an invitation at the top of your Facebook profile to try out the new profile. WARNING: It might be buggy.
NOTE: If you haven’t already verified your Facebook account with either a mobile phone number or credit card number, you’ll be asked to do so before you can try the new features. My Account->Mobile-> Activate a Phone.
More info at: www.huffingtonpost.com